Through its branches and its national conference and publications, ASAP provides both formal and informal structures and opportunities for producers and professional agriculturalists to meet and learn from each other.
ASAP’s unique, inclusive approach, allows everyone involved in animal production the opportunity to present their ideas and do their bit to foster both the broader and specific interests and development of livestock-based agriculture.
At the national level, the Society’s Biennial Conference provides an excellent opportunity for members to meet, exchange information and ideas and discuss the very latest advances from the world of animal science and production. At branch level, meetings are convened at regular intervals to discuss topics of local or national interest and to provide a forum for members to raise matters of importance in animal production.
The Benefits of ASAP Membership
ASAP provides a unique meeting ground and forum, both at the local and national level, to meet with others interested and involved in animal production, to learn about, present and exchange latest information and to discuss and develop ways of promoting industry development and scientific endeavour.
ASAP also provides members with an ideal way of making new animal industry contacts and establish networks which can help open up vocational and business development opportunities.
ASAP members also receive
– membership of the American Society of Animal Science (ASAS)
– e-subscription to the Journal of Animal Science, Translational Animal Science and Animal Frontiers through ASAS
– access to past proceedings and other material in members-only section of ASAP website
– discounted registration to the ASAP biennial conference, ASAP branch events and the ASAS annual meeting
– eligibility to apply for ASAP awards and stipends
– Taking Stock newsletter